My book.

My book.
"Fascinating" Stephen S. Hall. writer, N.Y.Times magazine. "Hard to put down." A.C.P.A., American Chronic Pain Association.

Total Pageviews

Pages

Monday, August 21, 2023

A Pained Life: Let the Words Flow — Pain News Network

A Pained Life: Let the Words Flow — Pain News Network: By Carol Levy, PNN Columnist I ended my last column with my favorite saying: “You don't know what you don't know. And if you don't know what you don't know, you don't know what to ask. Our doctors need to ask.” A couple of days later, I thought about the column and my second appointment with a n

2 comments:

  1. I'm positive that you've been here, sitting limp on your mattress, feet on the floor, your head forward and your chin resting on your chest, and stabilized so that you will not fall. You sit quietly, not knowing when you'll have the energy to "try to read one more pain-related article," especially if it requires more time, energy and likely finances that have been obliterated by your search for relief (44 years now for me), to dig deeper into the article.
    There comes a time when that effort is not worth everything it takes to get to the article, much less read it. I am happy for you that you've clearly made progress, but my time on this earth is so valuable, I simply have "enough" only to stay alive for as long as my body will allow, because my last surge of "the search" took more than 15 months, but failed.

    I am 67 years old with two ( 2 ) postdoctoral degrees, and two University based fellowships in pain management. However, currently in Kentucky I cannot find a doctor to provide a simple daily regimen of morphine (2 tablets) that allowed me the the very best personal and professional life of anyone I know.

    I am ashamed of the inhumanity that has broken, bankrupt, and bedridden me - bedside now but not for long. Words no longer flow so I am done.
    MTR
    KENTUCKY
    auto647329@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry and will pray for your relief.

    ReplyDelete